Crantock Bay is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement?
Crantock Bay may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
When completing an online form, registering for a competition, signing up to our e-mail newsletter or entering any other personal details within this website, you are giving us your consent that we may collect your following personal data.
• Full Name
• Contact information including phone number, address, email address, etc.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Why we collect the data?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Marketing purposes.
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
How long do we retain the data?
• We will hold your data for as long as necessary
• If you wish to un-subscribe please do so following the link on our website.
• For legal and financial reasons we will need to keep contractual data on file for 7 years in order to fulfil our legal obligations with the tax authorities and our insurers.
Accessing and controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If there is no check box, then your data will not be used for marketing purposes.
• Our website does collect user’s statistics such as how many people use the site, how long they visit for and what they look at. Information is anonymous and used to improve our website services.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us using our contact information at the bottom of this page.
• When you sign up to receive our E-mail Newsletters, all data will be stored within our chosen email marketing software provided by Campaign Monitor. Please visit their website should you require information on their data protection policy: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/policies/
• General website enquiries and any other data entered on to the website will be stored on the website database. This data may be imported to Campaign Monitor for marketing purposes if you have opted for us to contact you further.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Under 18’s Personal Data
• We do not knowingly collect or use under 18’s Personal Data without the consent of a Parent or Carer.
• If we believe there has been use by an under 18 without prior consent form a Parent or Carer we will delete the personal data immediately.
• Under 18’s can use the facilities if prior written consent has been given by the Parent or Carer.
• A cookie is a small file which is stored on your computer’s hard drive.
• Cookies help us analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular part of the site.
• Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
• The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
• We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
• We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
• Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
• A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
• You can choose to accept or decline cookies within your web browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
• This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
We use Bookalet
• An online booking system for management of our holiday homes, rentals and self catering properties.
We use Mailchimp
• As a way of communicating with you regarding our products, services and promotions.
• Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service.
• The trading name of its operator is The Rocket Science Group, an American company founded in 2001
We use Shedul
• Shedul.com by Surge Ventures Inc. is a cloud-based appointment scheduling and business management software solution.
• It offers salon and spa slot booking, calendar management, product management, service management and a point of sale (POS) functionalities within a suite.
At any time, you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by writing to or emailing us as soon as possible, at the address below.
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information, you should contact us to make your request.
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
You also have the following rights
• The right to be kept informed.
• The right to have your information corrected
• The right to have your information removed/erased
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• The right not to be subject to automated profiling.
We will reply to your request within 7 working days and will aim to resolve it with 30 working days.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Crantock Bay and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arise out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Crantock Bay takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Who can I complain to if I feel you are not handling my data correctly?
Updated May 2018
Crantock Bay, Cornwall. TR8 5SE. 01637 830229 www.crantockbay.co.uk
Company registration No: 00710856 VAT No: 193 5473 79